Tuesday 27 October 2015

2015 The brutal truth!

Are you Broken?
I'm broken too
invisible cuts right down to my soul
always open and seeping
filling my once bright life with darkness
and despair.
What is happiness?
I sure don't know anymore
we haven't been together at all this year
ask me about heartache and I could tell you every detail
though.
Time feels wasted
waiting
for time to heal everything but the wounds just keep seeping
with pain
with doubt with hate.
Life is a terrible joke sometimes
and I find it so hard to laugh
Sometimes I can wear a mask and no one even notices
I am withering away a little more each day.
All I am is hatred of myself
stuck in a never ending downward spiral.
This is not my life,
how can it be?
Some days I just wish I still lived unaware
blissfully fooled into believing the lie
You are amazing
you are confident
you are loved
You are safe in your position
in your life
But a lie unknown is still just a lie.
And lies always come to the surface
and destroy.
The lie destroyed all the good that was left in me
all the confidence
all the security
And I am nothing now but a shell
Continuing  to exist in pain
inside myself there is nothing of light and joy left
We are held together by a new life
A daughter
and it should be a happy thing
But It is a fearful thing
a terrifying thing
because it will only destroy me more
My body will continue to be sick
fat and unlovable.
I don't know who I will be after the baby comes
or what my mind and body will throw at me next
The fear that I am only still here because she is occupying my body
is a very real fear to me.
I miss when I didn't fear anything
When I smiled and meant it!
When I was so secure in our love that it left no room for doubt.
I know I cannot go back
I can only go forward
Through the  hurt and pain and doubt and fear
just hoping there is a light at the end of this scary dark tunnel that has been this year
2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment